[net.micro.mac] Optical Mousepads

bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) (02/23/86)

> In article <389@utastro.UUCP>, fbr@utastro.UUCP (Frank Ray) writes:
>
> > 	A friend of mine has an optical mouse running on his
> > Mac.  It has no (0) moving parts, and is an exact replacement.
> > I'm in the process of finding out where he got it.
>
> We have some Xerox lisp machines here, and they have optical mice.  They
> are pretty nice mice, but the problem is that they have to sit on a special
> (in this case 8 1/2 x 11) mousepad, or they don't work.  I assume the
> optical mice for the Mac operate the same way.

I've used an optical mouse which worked fine on an apparently featureless
desktop, although a pad was supplied with it...  Lord knows how the thing
worked -- I sure never figured it out...
--
					Bart Massey
					..tektronix!reed!bart

mrgofor@mmm.UUCP (MKR) (02/26/86)

In article <2587@reed.UUCP> bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) writes:

>I've used an optical mouse which worked fine on an apparently featureless
>desktop, although a pad was supplied with it...  Lord knows how the thing
>worked -- I sure never figured it out...
>--
>					Bart Massey
>					..tektronix!reed!bart

	Somehow I doubt that it was a "featureless" desktop. Was it wood-
grained? I've seen optical mice work on blue-jeans. (I wonder if cords
would work better?)

--
					--MKR

There is none so blind as he who cannot see.