[net.micro.mac] New ROM questions

ragge@duvan.UUCP (Ragge Sundblad) (02/22/86)

In Technical Note #57:

The 128K ROM includes many system resources that were RAM-based in the original
system This list includes:
DRVR9(.MPP)    DRVR10(.ATP)    DRVR4(.SONY)
DRVR3(.Sound)  DRVR2(.Print)
SERD0(Serial drivers)
CDEF0(button)  CDEF1(scroll bar)
MDEF0(text menues)
WDEF0(standard window)
PACK4(SANE)    PACK5(Elems)    PACK7(BinDec)
CURS1          CURS2           CURS3

I've got Finder 5.1 and System 3.0b4. When I try to cut these resources, the
System doesn't seeme to find them in the ROM! (it does find Chicago)
How's this??? Not TO fun! Any suggestions?

Of caurse there are some things in the new ROM that i realy like, one is:
Built in Debugger!
But they have leaved out one of the most frequent (isn't it?) command:
Exit to Shell, ES! :-(
Have anyone seen any documentation for this (after all) Feature?

	/ragge
--
---
Ragnar Sundblad, NADA, KTH      UUCP: {seismo,mcvax}!enea!ttds!duvan!ragge

ragge@duvan.UUCP (Ragge Sundblad) (02/22/86)

In Technical Note #57:

The 128K ROM nicludes many aytem resources that were RAM-based in the original
system This list includes:
DRVR9(.MPP)    DRVR10(.ATP)    DRVR4(.SONY)
DRVR3(.Sound)  DRVR2(.Print)
SERD0(Serial drivers)
CDEF0(button)  CDEF1(scroll bar)
MDEF0(text menues)
WDEF0(standard window)
PACK4(SANE)    PACK5(Elems)    PACK7(BinDec)
CURS1          CURS2           CURS3

I've got Finder 5.1 and System 3.0b4. When I try to cut these resources, the
System doesn't seeme to find them in the ROM! (it does find Chicago)
How's this??? Not TO fun! Any suggestions?

Of course there is some things in the new ROM that i realy like, one is:
  Built in Debugger!
But they have leaved out one of the most frequent (isn't it?) command:
Exit to Shell, ES :-(
Have anyone seen any documentation for this Feature?

	/ragge
--
---

joel@gould9.UUCP (Joel West) (02/26/86)

In article <783@duvan.UUCP>, ragge@duvan.UUCP (Ragge Sundblad) writes:
> Of course there is some things in the new ROM that i realy like, one is:
>   Built in Debugger!
> But they have leaved out one of the most frequent (isn't it?) command:
> Exit to Shell, ES :-(
> Have anyone seen any documentation for this Feature?

If you have any of the MacsBugs documents, you will know that there
are several sizes of debuggers.  Maxsbugs is the one of preference.

It appears that what you are describing is "minibug".  I don't have
the info on memory usage handy.  MaxsBugs (the one I use) saves the
whole screen, and does provide ES.
--
	Joel West	 	(619) 457-9681
	CACI, Inc. Federal, 3344 N. Torrey Pines Ct., La Jolla, CA  92037