[net.micro.mac] Installation of RAM Serial Driver.

discolo@ucsbcsl.UUCP (Anthony V. Discolo) (02/24/86)

I have the RAM serial driver from the Megamax C system utilities disk.
How do I install it into my system file (Finder 5.1/System 3.0 w/HD20)
so that programs like uw can use it?

Thanks in advance.

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) (02/27/86)

In article <389@ucsbcsl.UUCP> discolo@ucsbcsl.UUCP (Anthony V. Discolo) writes:
>I have the RAM serial driver from the Megamax C system utilities disk.
>How do I install it into my system file (Finder 5.1/System 3.0 w/HD20)
>so that programs like uw can use it?

Install it in 'uw' with Resed.

open SERD, copy (edit menu) SERD for the Mac (there's a mac and a XL version)
close SERD
open uw
paste (edit menu)
close uw

I'm not sure it works installing it in the system but the same method would
work.

--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.