[net.micro.mac] Cant write MacDraw document

art@ucla-cs.UUCP (03/01/86)

Ive encountered a strange problem with MacDraw.  The application
has gotten broken and cannot print a file.  A print request
terminates with a dialog box saying "Cannot print the file"
(not the exact words).  Does anybody know what is going on?
Thanks
Arthur

cosmos@druhi.UUCP (GuestRA) (03/03/86)

bherman@zaphod.UUCP (Bob Namreh) (03/06/86)

In article <9501@ucla-cs.ARPA> art@ucla-cs.UUCP writes:
>Ive encountered a strange problem with MacDraw.  The application
>has gotten broken and cannot print a file.  A print request
>terminates with a dialog box saying "Cannot print the file"
>(not the exact words).  Does anybody know what is going on?
>Thanks
>Arthur

I had the same thing happen to me on one of my largest MacDraw files.
I believe the alert box says, "Unable to complete printing."

While I don't know why this happens, I have found a solution.

Copy the data file onto another disk, erase the original, copy the file
back onto the first disk.  You should now be able to print the file
successfully.

Hope it helps!

--
				               Bad Bob
						| | |
          	  			          |   /. .\
                 		                  |   |\_/|
uucp:  ...ihnp4!alberta!sask!zaphod!bherman	  |    \_/
phone:  (306) 931-1491 				  |-----|-