[net.micro.mac] Connecting hard disk to 512K Mac

stevew@analog.UUCP (Steve Wilhelm) (03/11/86)

I have at my disposal a Micropolis hard disk, model 1304 I believe.
I would like use it with my 512K Mac.

Now, I am getting conflicting stories. I have been told it is
a SCSI drive. I have also been told it uses a ST-506 protocol.

Question One: Is this possible?
Question Two: If this is not possible, does anyone know which it is, SCSI
	      or ST-506?
Question Three: Finally, what is it going to take to connect this drive
		to my 512K Mac? An upgrade? Some type of external
		controller?

 Steve Wilhelm
 Analog Design Tools	...ucbvax!sun!sunncal!analog!stevew
 Menlo Park, California  94025

tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) (03/12/86)

In article <198@analog.UUCP> stevew@analog.UUCP (Steve Wilhelm) writes:
>I have at my disposal a Micropolis hard disk, model 1304 I believe.
.
.
>Now, I am getting conflicting stories. I have been told it is
>a SCSI drive. I have also been told it uses a ST-506 protocol.

It is ST-506.
--
Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim