[net.micro.mac] Did you get 'December 1985' supplement?

joel@gould9.UUCP (Joel West) (03/10/86)

I put my check for $25 in the mail to Apple, and got the HFS
Programmer's Package.  There was also a claim I would receive
the "December 1985 Software Supplement", but I have not.  Since
it is March, I'm beginning to get curious.

Did anyone else get it?  What was in it?
--
	Joel West	 	(619) 457-9681
	CACI, Inc. Federal, 3344 N. Torrey Pines Ct., La Jolla, CA  92037

carlile@trwrba.UUCP (Donald E. Carlile) (03/12/86)

In article <371@gould9.UUCP> joel@gould9.UUCP (Joel West) writes:
>I put my check for $25 in the mail to Apple, and got the HFS
>Programmer's Package.  There was also a claim I would receive
>the "December 1985 Software Supplement", but I have not.  Since
>it is March, I'm beginning to get curious.
>
>Did anyone else get it?  What was in it?
>--
>	Joel West	 	(619) 457-9681
>	CACI, Inc. Federal, 3344 N. Torrey Pines Ct., La Jolla, CA  92037
>	{cbosgd,ihnp4,pyramid,sdcsvax,ucla-cs}!gould9!joel
>	gould9!joel@nosc.ARPA

I was getting nervous too (especially after I got announcement of the March
Supplement :-) so I called the distribution center yesterday (3/10).  The
nice woman who answered told me they were going out this week, with those
who received the HFS portion getting first service.  She said those would
be going out on Monday, with the balance getting both parts shipped on
Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.

So there is hope!

Don Carlile
...trwrb!trwrba!carlile
(standard disclaimers apply)

joel@gould9.UUCP (Joel West) (03/13/86)

UPS-marked March 10.  It seems that in attempting to meet a particular
goal (presumably MacPlus or HFS compatibility) rather than merely
a snapshot as of 12/85, the date slipped, as with last May's supplement.

Incidentally, four of the six disks shipped to me arrived with damaged
shutters and seem -- at first glance -- to be unusable.  One of the
two disks is of different manufacture ("E63"..."MADE IN JAPAN") than
the rest ("B4"..."MADE IN U.S.A.") and seems to be of better quality.
Maybe Apple should switch suppliers, or use some padding around the
disks instead of wrapping rubber bands around a stack of 6 floppies.

Quoting from a few enclosures:

				  "December 1985"
			    Software Supplement Additions
				      Errata
				   March 5, 1986

    In an effort to correct some bugs in our software we have delayed shipping
    the "December 1985" Software Supplement Additions until this time.  We
    apologize for the delay.

    As you might guess, the delay in completing this package will probably
    mean that the "March 1986" Software Supplement Additions will not be
    available until after March...

    The System Installation disk contains the following new version of the
    System file:
	System	Fri, Feb 28, 1986	Version 3.1.1

    This System file is very similar to version 3.1 but has one additional bug
    fix....  Make sure that if you are shipping a disk with System 3.0 or later
    that you use version 3.1.1.