[net.micro.mac] December Software Suppliment

harrow@exodus.DEC (Jeff Harrow, NCSE LKG1-3/F16 DTN=226-7445) (03/14/86)

Could one  of  you  who  have  received the newest Apple Software
Supplement list the goodies that are on it (WITH VERSION NUMBERS,
AS APPROPRIATE).

Thanks,

Jeff

espen@well.UUCP (Peter Espen) (03/17/86)

In article <1675@decwrl.DEC.COM>, harrow@exodus.DEC (Jeff Harrow, NCSE LKG1-3/F16 DTN=226-7445) writes:
> Could one  of  you  who  have  received the newest Apple Software
> Supplement list the goodies that are on it (WITH VERSION NUMBERS,
> AS APPROPRIATE).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

	Here is a list by title of the Dec. Software Supp. that I got off
	a local (SF Bay Area) Mac BBS.......

  The following files have been supplied to MacQueue by Apple Computer. They
  may be downloaded and used for non-commercial experimentation. You may
  not, however, use these files commercially without express written
  consent of Apple Computer, Inc.  Thanks to Harvey Alcabes and Apple for
  their kind permission to make these files available on the Q.

  These are the files shipped with the 12/85 Supplement (released 3/5/86)

  >> All files are in MacBinary format unless otherwise indicated. <<

 -ABOUTSS.WRT  About the December Software Supplement (missing)
 BUGREPT.DRW     9088 Bug report form (MacDraw)
 COVERFUL.DRW    5888 Cover sheet - full
 COVERPAR.DRW    5888 Cover sheet - partial
 ERRATA.WRT     23296 Errata in this Supplement

  Notes for Developers

 OBJLANG.TXT     4864 Future object oriented languages (plain text)
 OBJLANG.WRD     7296 Future object oriented languages (Word)
 ORDRFORM.P2     7936 Order form for this and future supplements
 POWERUSR.TXT   11904 Notes for the power user (plain text)
 POWERUSR.WRD   15104 Notes for the power user (good - Word)
 SMTLKLIC.WRT    4352 Smalltalk license form
 SMTLKLTR.WRT    5632 Smalltalk letter
 SMTLKORD.DRW    3456 Smalltalk order form
 TABLET.WRT      6656 Interfacing with a graphics tablet
 TN00E.WRT       7040 Tech notes from this release (see Area 3)
 TNORDERS.WRT    4480 Order form for future tech notes

  Inside Macintosh Addenda

 ATUPDATE.WRT   11904 Appletalk updates
 HFSFMGR.STF   190336 HFS File Manager Chapter - alpha release (Word)
 HFSFMGRT.STF  148608 Same but as plain text
 FIGURES.P2     65792 File Mgr illustrative figures (Paint and Draw)
 INTRNLDD.WRT   54784 Internal disk drive upgrade manual
 IW-DC-AT.TXT   30592 Appletalk Imagewriter II manual (plain text)
 IW-DC-AT.WRD   49536 Appletalk Imagewriter II manual (Word)
 LISTMGR.P2     67968 List Manager manual (Word + illus)
 LISTMGR.TXT    50560 List Manager manual (plain text)
 LISTMGRN.TXT    4224 List Manager release notes (updates - text)
 LISTNOTE.WRD    5760 List Manager release notes (updates - Word)
 MACSBUG.TXT    27776 Inside MacsBug - plain text
 MACSBUG.WRD    36608 Inside MacsBug - Word format
 MDSUPDAT.WRT   14336 Updating MDS for HFS
 SCSI.TXT       23808 SCSI Manager manual (text)
 SCSIMAN.P2     28288 SCSI Manager manual (Word)
 SFDOC.WRT       9728 Standard File package docs

  New Tools for Developers

 ATINSTLL.APP   22528 AppleTalk Installer
 DIVJOIN.APP    31744 Splits up big files (same, I think)
 DLOGCREA.APP   45952 Dialog Creator, creates Lisa RMaker source
 DLOGDOC.WRT    62720 Docs for Dialog Creator
 EDIT20D1.APP   62464 HFS Compatible Edit - buggy
 FNTDAMVR.APP   32768 Font/DA Mover 3.1 (same?)
 LISTTEST.APP   10240 List Manager example program
 MACDB-A.APP    34816 MacDB - port A
 MACDB-B.APP    34816 MacDB - port B
 MACNUB-A.APP    3328 MacNub - port A
 MACNUB-B.APP    3328 MacNub - port B
 MACSBUG.SYS    22528 New MacsBug, v5.1A1
 NAMER.APP      11776 Device namer for Appletalk network (v2)
 PEEK.APP       24064 AppleTalk peek
 RESEDD7.STF   123136 Resource Editor, v1.0D7
 RESEDDOC.TXT   17408 Plain text docs for above
 RESEDDOC.WRD   39424 Resource Editor docs (Word)
 RMAKER.APP     12288 RMaker 2.0D2 - many fixes, features
 SPCHSAMP.TXT    1664 Sample text for Speech Tutor
 SPCHTUTR.APP   16256 Speech Tutor for Macintalk - good

  New Equate and Macro Files for MDS

 ATEQU.TXT      11776 Appletalk equates
 FSEQU.TXT      10496 File system equates
 HARDWEQU.TXT    5120 Hardware equates
 PACKMACS.TXT   14208 Package macros (all new packs)
 PREQU.TXT       5248 Printer equates
 QUICKEQU.TXT    6912 Quickdraw equates
 QUIKTRAP.TXT    5632 Quickdraw traps (including Mac Plus)
 SANEMACS.TXT   18048 SANE macros
 SCSIEQU.TXT     6528 SCSI interface equates
 SYSEQU.TXT     37376 System equates
 SYSERR.TXT      8960 System Errors
 SYSTRAPS.TXT    6912 System traps (including Mac Plus)
 TIMEEQU.TXT     1152 Time manager equates
 TOOLEQU.TXT    24192 Toolbox equates
 TOOLTRAP.TXT    8192 Toolbox traps (including Mac Plus)

  LaserWriter Fonts

 LASER.FNT     106752 Complete set of laser fonts
 PLUSFONT.STF  139392 Laser fonts for LaserWriter Plus

	And that's all folks.......
	Peter Espen