[net.micro.mac] Lightspeed C & TML MacLanguage Series Pascal

egv@aicchi.UUCP (Vann) (03/11/86)

I saw an advertisement for a product called Lightspeed C from THINK Techno-
logies.  (I believe they are the group responsible for MacPascal.)  Have any
Usenetters seen the product?  If so please post some feedback for the rest of
the readers.

Secondly, I ordered some three (3) weeks ago the newest release of TML Pascal,
the TML version of MiniEdit, the Linker/Librarian and MacExpress.  I have
made three phone calls in the interim requesting information on the status of
delivery of these items. The person answering the phone was cooperative but
seemed swamped in work.  Has anyone else noticed a delay in delivery?  Is there
some problem that we should be made aware of?

roman@sigma.UUCP (03/14/86)

In article <712@aicchi.UUCP> egv@aicchi.UUCP (Vann) asks about 1)
Lightspeed C from THINK Technologies; and 2) TML Pascal delivery
delays.

1)  I don't know anything about Lightspeed C but I have MacPascal
(the interpreter) from THINK.  While I am generally satisfied with
the quality of this product (i.e., I have workarounds for the bugs),
I am really annoyed that it is obnoxiously copy protected.  If this
bothers you like it bothers me, you may want to think twice about
buying a THINK Technologies product.

2)  I just received TML Pascal (just their standard development
release, no MacExpress (what is it, anyway?) or other extras).  It
took just over three weeks to arrive.  It comes with the latest
development releases of the Linker, RMaker, and Font/DA Mover 3.0.
For the record, it is not copy protected.

Rumor (from a presumably reliable source) has it that TML Systems is
working on object-oriented extensions to their compiler, equivalent
to Apple's MacApp, and that they will probably beat Apple to market....
--
Bill Roman	{ihnp4,decvax,allegra,...}!uw-beaver!tikal!sigma!roman

Summation, Inc.
18702 142nd Ave NE
Woodinville, WA 98072
(206) 486-0991

carlile@trwrba.UUCP (Donald E. Carlile) (03/17/86)

In article <654@sigma.UUCP> roman@sigma.UUCP (Bill Roman) writes:
>Rumor (from a presumably reliable source) has it that TML Systems is
>working on object-oriented extensions to their compiler, equivalent
>to Apple's MacApp, and that they will probably beat Apple to market....
>--
>Bill Roman	{ihnp4,decvax,allegra,...}!uw-beaver!tikal!sigma!roman
>
>Summation, Inc.
>18702 142nd Ave NE
>Woodinville, WA 98072
>(206) 486-0991

From what I understand, TML object Pascal will not supplant MacApp, rather
MacApp will be able to run on it.  From what I understand, MacApp is a generic
program written in object Pascal.

Don Carlile
...trwrb!trwrba!carlile