[net.micro.mac] What is the latest version of MacDraw

sba@aaec.UUCP (03/13/86)

I have version 1.7 of MacDraw running in my 512k mac. This seems to run out
of memory when using 48 point fonts. Is v1.7 meant for 128k macs? What is the
latest version.

                                                    Sal Barbagallo
                                             Australian Atomic Energy Commision
                                                    Sydney-Australia.

ps: I have been asked by many Americans when I was in the US why we us the
    address suffix '.OZ'  . Well, We Australians call ourselves 'Aussies'
    pronounced, 'oz-ees'  , and Australia being full of them is called OZ.
    However, this being such a beautiful and rich country, it also has a
    certain magical quality, hence the link to the fabled land of OZ in the
    all too famous story. So if you want a place to spend your hard-earned
    American dollars, just follow the yellow brick road.

                                                             see ya

ngg@bridge2.UUCP (Norman Goodger) (03/18/86)

> I have version 1.7 of MacDraw running in my 512k mac. This seems to run out
> of memory when using 48 point fonts. Is v1.7 meant for 128k macs? What is the
> latest version.
>
>                                                     Sal Barbagallo
>                                              Australian Atomic Energy Commision
>                                                     Sydney-Australia.

The latest version of Macdraw is 1.9. no version of Macdraw was specifically
designed for 128k Macs. The out of memory should not occur unless your using
switcher or turbocharger that may take away from available memory. the only
other thing is if you have several pages and more than one document open,
using that large font may use alot of memory. 1.9 is for bug fixes.

		Norm Goodger
		Bridge Comm
		!bridge2!ngg

rubin@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Mike Rubin) (03/19/86)

In article <612@aaec.OZ>, sba@aaec.OZ (Sal Barbagallo) writes:
> I have version 1.7 of MacDraw running in my 512k mac. This seems to run out
> of memory when using 48 point fonts. Is v1.7 meant for 128k macs? What is the
> latest version.

Well, my computer store got 1.9 last week.  It is exactly the same
size as the usual 1.7, has the same menus and exhibits the same bugs.
The only difference is the About box which says 1.9 instead of 1.7,
and a date of May '85 (!) instead of March '85.  I suspect it is just
1.7 with a patch to let it use HFS.

MacDraw really doesn't fit on a 128K Mac; since there's only 15K or so of
free memory for documents, it's not unreasonable that needing a 20K
font resource will confuse it.