[net.micro.mac] MacTerminal question...

cdh@ptsfc.UUCP (Chris Harvey) (04/20/85)

A probably simple question about MacTerminal.

I am using a Rixon R212a 'Intelligent' Modem with my fat mac and MacTerminal.
I've gotten the proper cabling, and can function normally by using the modem
to dial - that is, hitting the return key twice to 'wake up' the modem, then
typing in the number, or code for the number.

However, whenever I try to have MacTerminal dial or hang-up for me, I get
the 'modem is not connnected' message, and connection is not broken until I
turn the Mac off.

A minor inconvenience, but I would like to have the capability.

Thanks in advance.
--
Chris Harvey,Pac Bell,SF
"Joke 'em if they can't take a ....  " (dual!ptsfa!ptsfc!cdh)

peirce@lll-crg.ARPA (Michael Peirce) (07/04/85)

In "Macintosh" mode (i.e. Transfer Method = XModem & Remote System =
Macintosh) the received file always goes to the disk where the MacTerminal
Document resides. Therefore to get a file to endup on a specific disk, you
should select "Save As.." from the File menu, then save the document to the
disk you want.  (This works fine, but it's really too bad Apple didn't simply
put a "Target Disk" choice in somewhere.  The way they do it now just isn't
very intuitive :-( )

michael

harrow@exodus.DEC (Jeff Harrow, NCSE LKG1-3/F16 DTN=226-7445) (03/19/86)

I noticed that  several  specific MacTerminal documents came with
the V2.0 update; for instance

Hard Disk Document
AppleLine
Mac-to-MAC
Commercial Services
etc.

These  "documents"  seem    to    do   more  than  just  set  the
"configuration" parameters, but *what*?

For  example,  the Mac-to-Mac  document  contains  the  following
resources (but ResEdit doesn't have  any  informative template to
help):

CNFG
DStt
LPtr
Prec

Any good ideas?

Jeff

borton@sdcc3.UUCP (Chris Borton) (03/21/86)

In article <1791@decwrl.DEC.COM> harrow@exodus.DEC (Jeff Harrow, NCSE LKG1-3/F16 DTN=226-7445) writes:
>I noticed that  several  specific MacTerminal documents came with
>the V2.0 update; for instance
[...]
>These  "documents"  seem    to    do   more  than  just  set  the
>"configuration" parameters, but *what*?
>
>For  example,  the Mac-to-Mac  document  contains  the  following
>resources (but ResEdit doesn't have  any  informative template to
>help):
>
>CNFG

The CNFG resource is in all MacTerm documents and containg the CoNFiGuration
for that document, i.e. that baud, parity,  etc.  This is very useful if you
only call one system, since you can copy the CNFG from that document and
paste it into MacTerminal itself.  From thereon MacTerm will 'auto-configure'
to your favorite system.

-Chris
-------
Chris Borton, UC San Diego Undergraduate CS
Micro Consultant, UCSD

borton@ucsd.ARPA  or
...!{ucbvax,decvax,noscvax,ihnp4,bang}!sdcsvax!borton