[net.micro.mac] Un-Packit -- does it exist?

barad@brand.UUCP (Herb Barad) (03/22/86)

In article <1449@utai.UUCP> gkloker@utai.UUCP (Geoff Loker) writes:
>In an article from a few weeks back, I noticed that someone was
>saying they had a program to unpack Packit-ed files on Un*x and
>that they were going to post it.  Since it has never shown up,
>I would like to know if such a beast does exist, and how might
>I get a copy of it?  E-mail responses to me, and I will summarize
>to the net if there is sufficient interest.

Yes, the Beast does exist.  It was written here at USC by Alan Weber.  If
you would like a copy, mail a request to him or me (his address is the same
as mine, but with "weber" instead of "barad").  It was posted a little while
ago, but if there are enough requests, one of us will repost it.

--
Herb Barad	[USC - Signal and Image Processing Institute]

USENET:

...!sdcrdcf!usc-oberon!brand!barad			or
...!{lbl-csam|trwrb|trwspp}!trwspf!herb			or
...!{lbl-csam|trwrb|trwspp}!trwspf!brand!barad

ARPANET:	barad%brand@usc-ecl.ARPA