[net.micro.mac] Mac Sidekick

tecot@k.cs.cmu.edu (Edward Tecot) (03/22/86)

I recently got a chance to get a good look at Borland's Sidekick for the
Mac.  I noticed a REMARKABLE resemblance between several of the Sidekick
DA's and the MockDA's.  Is Mock(Terminal Write Printer) being marketed
through Borland?

						_emt
--

						_emt
-----

"They pelted us with rocks and garbage!"

beekman@orstcs.UUCP (beekman) (03/24/86)

I'm not certain, but I believe that the same programmer who wrote the Mock
DA's was hired by another company to develop a program which Boreland later
bought and marketed as Sidekick.  (Compare Sidekick to the now defunct
MacPhone.)  By the way, Boreland just released version 1.1, which takes care
of many of the problems of the original Sidekick, and adds features that
make it even more useful.

tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) (03/24/86)

In article <815@k.cs.cmu.edu> tecot@k.cs.cmu.edu (Edward Tecot) writes:
>I recently got a chance to get a good look at Borland's Sidekick for the
>Mac.  I noticed a REMARKABLE resemblance between several of the Sidekick
>DA's and the MockDA's.  Is Mock(Terminal Write Printer) being marketed
>through Borland?

They are similar because they were written by the same guy.

--

Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim