[net.micro.mac] Mac+/HFS documentation

mark@hyper.UUCP (Mark Mendel) (03/14/86)

Some people on the net obviously have Inside Mac-like documentation on the
new HFS.  Were does one get such?  How about other new features in the new
ROMS?  I have the pre-release Inside Mac.  Is there some kind of supplement?

berner@Navajo.ARPA (William Berner) (03/19/86)

In article <296@hyper.UUCP> mark@hyper.UUCP (Mark Mendel) writes:

>Some people on the net obviously have Inside Mac-like documentation on the
>new HFS.  Were does one get such?  How about other new features in the new
>ROMS?  I have the pre-release Inside Mac.  Is there some kind of supplement?

The HFS programmer's package was part of the "December 1985 Macintosh
Software Supplement Additions" which you can get by sending $25 to:

Apple Computer Mailing Facility
467 Saratoga Avenue, Suite 621
San Jose, CA  95129

There is also a March 1986 set of supplement additions, which is also $25.

mlr0@bunny.UUCP (Martin Resnick) (03/27/86)

> Some people on the net obviously have Inside Mac-like documentation on the
> new HFS.  Were does one get such?  How about other new features in the new
> ROMS?  I have the pre-release Inside Mac.  Is there some kind of supplement?

Yes, order the December Software Supplement Additions from the Apple mailing
facility for $25.  You can order the March update at the same time for an
additional $25.

Features of the new ROM are described in Tech Note 57.