[net.micro.mac] What is Latest Ver. of RMaker??

tjw9202@ritcv.UUCP (Timothy Wilson) (03/05/86)

  What is the latest version of RMaker?  The version I have (2.2) does
not use the exact same format as the decompile option on REdit ver. 1.0
nor does it support things like ICON's or the output from Dialog Creator.

Anyone have the latest version or is RMaker gone, in favor of ResEdit??

Thanks,

Tim Wilson
..{allegra,seismo}!rochester!ritcv!tjw9202

olson@harvard.UUCP (Eric Olson) (03/06/86)

In article <9417@ritcv.UUCP> tjw9202@ritcv.UUCP (Timothy Wilson) writes:

>Anyone have the latest version or is RMaker gone, in favor of ResEdit??

Since ResEdit has gotten SOOOOOO good, I have stopped using RMaker except
for one thing:  STR resources.  I find it much easier to edit these in
EDIT and then RMaker them.  This produces my Strings file.  I have another
file, maintained by ResEdit, that contains DITLs, ALRTs, and DLOGs, and
still another file containing all other resources.  These are merged together
with Consulair's Linker/Librarian (an enhancement to MDS Link) with the
/INCLUDE resource file command.  This, I find, works extremely well.

I have yet to see a good version of RMaker running on the Mac.  It was,
after all, just a stopgap program.

-Eric.

leeke@cascade.UUCP (03/08/86)

What about ResEdit?  What is the latest version and how do you get it? Is
it HFS compatible yet?

Steve Leeke

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) (03/09/86)

In article <64@cascade.ARPA> leeke@cascade.UUCP (Steven D. Leeke) writes:
>What about ResEdit?  What is the latest version and how do you get it? Is
>it HFS compatible yet?

The latest version is 1D5 (some zeros in there somewhere) posted on
MAUG (Compuserve). It is HFS compatible.
--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

hammen@puff.UUCP (Zaphod Beeblebrox) (03/10/86)

In article <10439@amdcad.UUCP>, jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) writes:
> In article <64@cascade.ARPA> leeke@cascade.UUCP (Steven D. Leeke) writes:
> >What about ResEdit?  What is the latest version and how do you get it? Is
> >it HFS compatible yet?
>
> The latest version is 1D5 (some zeros in there somewhere) posted on
> MAUG (Compuserve). It is HFS compatible.
> --
>  Jim Budler
>  Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
>  (408) 749-5806
>  Usenet: {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra,intelca}!amdcad!jimb
>  Compuserve:	72415,1200

Well, the latest version is 1.0D6--I saw it on a bulletin board (I think it was
Mass. Mac & Electric (617)-231-2810).  REdit 1.2 is also available, as well as
System 3.1, Finder 5.2, LaserWriter 2.0 (I think), ImageWriter 2.2, etc.
While we're talking about versions, does anybody know if Copy II Mac 5.0 (or
later)  has been released  The last version I have is 4.51.  Perhaps we need a
net.micro.mac.versions newsgroup to keep up with all of this...  8-)

Robert J. Hammen		{seismo,ihnp4,allegra}!uwvax!puff!hammen
Manta Software Corp.					    !gumby!hammen
U. of Wisc. CS dept.		 hammen@{PUFF.WISC.EDU, GUMBY.WISC.EDU}
U. of Wisc. Plasma Physics Dept.

baron@runx.UUCP (03/28/86)

I strongly suggest that you use RMaker sparingly, in favour of ResEdit. My
approach is to use RMaker to create the ICN#,BNDL,FREF,etc. stuff , using
ResEdit to create my ALRTs,DLOGs,ICONs,STRs,CNTLs,etc.

Jason Haines             ISD: +61 2 73-4444
ElecEng Undergraduate    STD:  (02) 73-4444
73 Davidson Avenue      ARPA: munnari!ipso!runx.oz!baron@SEISMO
Concord NSW 2137        UUCP: seismo!munnari!runx.oz!baron
AUSTRALIA                ACS: baron@runx