[net.micro.mac] Posted to net.sources.mac: WizzEd, a Wizardry character editor.

frankng@basser.UUCP (04/05/86)

Posted to net.sources.mac:

WizzEd, a Wizardry character editor.

It's sort of Kadorto, super Mabadi, Maporfic, etc, all rolled into
one.
It can change any aspects of a characters stats (strength, experience,
gold, etc), race, alignment, status and class...increase your experience
to 2 100 000 000 without ever setting foot in the dungeon!

Unfortunately I haven't work out how to give objects yet, so you'll have
find the amulet in the dungeon yourselves.

Also I didn't have time to put spells in the program (I have the spend
SOME time on my thesis!), but if you want to do that yourselves,
Mage spells are in bytes 126-139 , Priest spells are in 140-153
of the *stat* array in the program, one word for each level,
lowest level first.

NOTE: WizzEd operates on Wizardry BACKUP files only, so before you use it
      you must backup your characters.

This posting comes in 2 parts (in net.sources.mac)
1) The BinHexed(4) form of the WizzEd.
2) The source for WizzEd, written in Aztec C.  At first I was going
   post the source (for RGen) for the resources also, but I have twiddled
   them so much with ResEdit that the lack of correspondence between
   source and binary makes them not worth posting.

This program is provided free, but if you have time the look through
the source, I would appreciate any comments where I have NOT adhered
to *official* techniques and interface standards (except for the character
selection one, I was lazy).

Frank C.N. Ng
Basser Department of Computer Science
University of Sydney
New South Wales 2006
AUSTRALIA

Usenet: frankng@basser.oz@seismo

 * Wizardry is a trademark of SirTech Inc.