[net.micro.mac] Apple EDIT V2.0 and HFS

phil@sivax.UUCP (Phil Hunt) (04/04/86)

I just started using the edit supplied on the 12/85 s/w update from APPLE
(V2.0) and it is kind of buggy.

I was looking through the new SYSEQU file supplied by apple and got down
about halfway into it, hit a delete to delete a tab.  The program just sat
there for a few seconds, the mouse would move OK though, then the menus
began to flicker and I couldn't get out without rebooting.

Just a word of warning.  This is reproduceable.

Phil Hunt

joel@gould9.UUCP (Joel West) (04/09/86)

In article <232@sivax.UUCP>, phil@sivax.UUCP (Phil Hunt) writes:
> I just started using the edit supplied on the 12/85 s/w update from APPLE
> (V2.0) and it is kind of buggy.

kind of is an understatement.  I haven't been able to avoid crashing.
I would avoid this like the plague
--
	Joel West	 	(619) 457-9681
	CACI, Inc. Federal, 3344 N. Torrey Pines Ct., La Jolla, CA  92037

ephraim@wang.UUCP (pri=8 Ephraim Vishniac x76659 ms1459) (04/11/86)

> > I just started using the edit supplied on the 12/85 s/w update from APPLE
> > (V2.0) and it is kind of buggy.
>
> kind of is an understatement.  I haven't been able to avoid crashing.
> I would avoid this like the plague
> --
> 	Joel West	 	(619) 457-9681

Strange - I've had it crash only once.  My only new complaint compared to the
old version is that the transfer menu is now broken under *MFS*.  Must be
a real hack in there...