[net.micro.mac] Packit II wanted

jansweij@uvapsy.UUCP (Wouter Jansweijer) (04/04/86)

Can someone Binhex & E-mail me the 'Packit II' application.
I've only Packit version 1.0 (4/12/85) which is apparantly out of date.

			wouter jansweijer
			UUCP: ... mcvax!uvapsy!jansweij

dennisg@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Dennis Griesser) (04/09/86)

In article <408@uvapsy.UUCP> jansweij@uvapsy.UUCP (Wouter Jansweijer) writes:
>Can someone Binhex & E-mail me the 'Packit II' application.
>I've only Packit version 1.0 (4/12/85) which is apparantly out of date.

I missed it too, somehow.

How about a re-post, because:
   o Packit is vital for use of net.source.mac
   o we get new users all the time
   o there are bound to be several others who missed it

Of course the original poster might want to wait a month before reposting to:
   o update move new users at once
   o punish those who were inattentive the first time  :-)

Thanks!

ngg@bridge2.UUCP (04/16/86)

> In article <408@uvapsy.UUCP> jansweij@uvapsy.UUCP (Wouter Jansweijer) writes:
> >Can someone Binhex & E-mail me the 'Packit II' application.
> >I've only Packit version 1.0 (4/12/85) which is apparantly out of date.
> >
> I missed it too, somehow.
>
> How about a re-post, because:
>    o Packit is vital for use of net.source.mac
>    o we get new users all the time
>    o there are bound to be several others who missed it
>
> Of course the original poster might want to wait a month before reposting to:
>    o update move new users at once
>    o punish those who were inattentive the first time  :-)
>
> Thanks!

For those of you that have modem capabilites with your Mac, and a tele-
communications package that supports Macbinary. I propose the following
alternative to depending on net.sources for the source of necessary utilities.

Try your local MAC BBS, I know af many Mac BBS's that are full to max with
useful info as well as Utilities in abundance, as well as fonts, DA's and the
whole spectrum of pd and Shareware software. Most require a limited form of
pre-registration, such as Name, address, and the like, a nd you can get
complete access usually within Hours, most often a day. Then for free or
the price of a phone call(depending on whether its a local call) you can
download whatever you wish. Most BBS's ask for some uploads or a small donation
to supplement the file section or to support there financial outlay for there
service. Here are some numbers of some MAC BBS's in the San Francisco Area,
though these may be long distance for alot of you, most contain BBS numbers
lists that may help you locate one close or closer to home.

				MacInfo BBS	415-621-2912
				MacCircles	415-484-4412
				Allen Computer 	415-261-4813
				Graphics
				BMUG		415-849-2684
				Berkeley MAC Users Group

These BBS's should be able to provide a wealth of Mac Info as
well as much needed Utilities, that alot of you are looking for
to be posted to the net...

				Norm Goodger
				Bridge Comm..
				!bridge2!ngg