[net.micro.mac] Menu fonts getting lost!!

phil@sivax.UUCP (04/18/86)

I am having some trouble when my application comes up.  The first screen
comes up after the menus are set.  The first screen is a dialog box.  Everything
seems ok at this point, then  my program puts an alert box up for a warning
and the MENU items (Top line and pulldown) seem to go into 9pt Monaco.  Now,
I thought you couldn't change menu font (it has to be chicago 12 pt)!.  My
window I open DOES use 9pt monaco, but how did the MENU (an oh yes, the window
title line also!) go to monaco 9pt???

Any ideas

Phil Hunt

darin@ut-dillo.UUCP (Darin Adler) (04/20/86)

In article <241@sivax.UUCP>, phil@sivax.UUCP writes:
> I am having some trouble when my application comes up.  The first screen
> comes up after the menus are set. The first screen is a dialog box. Everything
> seems ok at this point, then  my program puts an alert box up for a warning
> and the MENU items (Top line and pulldown) seem to go into 9pt Monaco.  Now,
> I thought you couldn't change menu font (it has to be chicago 12 pt)!.  My
> window I open DOES use 9pt monaco, but how did the MENU (an oh yes, the window
> title line also!) go to monaco 9pt???

The menu titles are drawn in a port called WMgrPort.  They are drawn in
whatever the current font for that port is.  If, when you set the font to
Monaco 9, the current port is the WMgrPort (i.e., you forgot to set the
port to your window with a SetPort), then you could conceivably change the
font that the menu titles are displayed in!
--
Darin Adler	...!ut-sally!ut-ngp!ut-dillo!darin