[net.micro.mac] neo-Orphaned response

korn@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU (Peter "Arrgh" Korn) (04/14/86)

Well, Apple's done it again.  Last Friday they quitely told their dealers
that the "old" 512K Macs are to be no more.  They are to be replaced with
the Enhanced 512K Mac; which is just an old 512K mac with 128K roms and 800K
drives.  I don't have any suggested retail prices, unfortunately.  However,
for those folks who purchased 512K Macs between now and Jan 16, upgrading
to the Enhanced Mac will cost you $75 less than for the rest of us.

I guess I should have seen it comming.  Apple can't stand to have more
than 2 types of Macs in production :-)

Oh, my source:  John Eckhouse of the Business section of the SF Comical.

-----
Peter Korn	korn@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU     {dual,decvax,sdcsvax}!ucbvax!korn

kearns@garfield.columbia.edu (Steve Kearns) (04/15/86)

the Enhanced Mac 512k and the Macplus except for the extra 512K?
-steve

spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) (04/16/86)

Apparently, the Enhanced Macintosh512K is just a 512k machine with the new
roms and the 800k drive. I.e., the level 1 upgrade.

Dave

leeke@cascade.ARPA (Steven D. Leeke) (04/16/86)

In article (Peter "Arrgh" Korn) writes:
>Well, Apple's done it again.  Last Friday they quitely told their dealers
>that the "old" 512K Macs are to be no more.  They are to be replaced with
>the Enhanced 512K Mac; which is just an old 512K mac with 128K roms and 800K
>drives.  I don't have any suggested retail prices, unfortunately.  However,
>for those folks who purchased 512K Macs between now and Jan 16, upgrading
>to the Enhanced Mac will cost you $75 less than for the rest of us.

I understand from the Chronicle's report that the price of the enhanced 512k
will be the same as the current 512k price.

Steve Leeke

tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) (04/21/86)

The Mac+ has the new logic board, which has the SCSI interface.  The
Enhanced Mac 512K is just like an old 512K with the disk/rom upgrade.
--
Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim