[net.micro.mac] Captain Magneto

dlittle@watrose.UUCP (Dan Little) (04/11/86)

HI
	Did anyone in the area get a good copy of Captain Magneto???
The version we got seems to be screwed since it craps out on xbin with a
CRC error and it also craps out when I download it to the mac and binhex4 it.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Dan Little
dlittle@watrose
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario

barnett@im4u.UUCP (Lewis Barnett) (04/20/86)

In article <13232@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> lah@miro.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Cmndr. RYN Leigh Ann Hussey) writes:
>As it happens, the clues that help one get what the Menturg is
>guarding in the castle never show up in the speech of "friends" until
>one has actually gotten the thing in the castle.  Perhaps the author
>should beware of ridicule himself, when his program has such bugs in
>it.

I beg to differ.  I have observed the friends telling me

	1) You need your space suit
	2) It's in the castle
	3) You can fool the Menturg
	4) Trap the Menturg

All before I had gotten the suit.  You just have to play slowly.

Lewis Barnett,CS Dept, Painter Hall 3.28, Univ. of Texas, Austin, TX 78712

"Frankly, there's something about reality that gives me the shivering willies!"
						-- Hank the Hallucination --

-- barnett@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU, barnett@im4u.UUCP,
      {ihnp4,harvard,seismo,gatech,ctvax}!im4u!barnett

lah@miro.berkeley.edu (Cmndr. RYN Leigh Ann Hussey) (04/23/86)

Ok.  I dropped the nothing in the shrine and got turned into a
butterfly for my pains.  I flew down, tempted the Menturg out, flew
over him, reverted to human form (the spell wears off), grabbed the
suit and the fuel and z-gated away.  After a while of wandering around
killing things (more interesting and unusual beasties with the suit
on!) and one abortive attempt to kill the Menturg with some friends, I
went back for another try at killing it.  It wouldn't come out!  It
was scared!  So I went in after it, killed it, and got the crown.

I traded some more nothingness for the butterfly spell and flew to the
island.  I slaughtered smiley-faces (I had been deposited there by a
tornado in a previous game and discovered their leech-like nature).  I
found the garden with the fuel.  But I can't get to the official
(really a glorified dorc) to bribe it with baubles.

The friends keep saying "just one more task" "leave the planet to win"
"find the Menturg's ship" "enter the castle".  Well, I can't get in
the castle.  I assume I need a key or two.  But I can't find them.  I
am now in a position of near-immunity.  I've killed dozens of Grues.
My score keeps mounting.  But I'm stuck.

What the hell do I do now?

Regards,
Leigh Ann