[net.micro.mac] Thinktank 512 on Mac+

arlo@ssc-vax.UUCP (James Campiche) (04/22/86)

I still have a 512K Mac.  I have Thinktank 512 Version 1.0
I ran it on a Mac+ here at work, and it ate the text file.
I use Thinktank for my journal, so I literally lost a month
out of my life.  Gone!  Took the disk home, and was able to
read the missing month with CopyIITools, and had a backup,
so I only had to type in a few days.  Still, it was
disconcerning.  What gives?  Will the update to 1.1 (or
whatever it is) help?

borton@sdcc3.UUCP (Chris Borton) (04/28/86)

In article <987@well.UUCP> sac@well.UUCP (Steve Cisler) writes:

>I heard from a source close to the program that the programmers did some
>real bending to get it to run, and there are some serious bugs to be
>reckoned with at this time.  I don't think the past update will help you.

ThinkTank 512 1.0 will run on 512K only, to my knowledge.  Version 1.1 came out
to support its use under Switcher (still using a large partition).  It is still
notorious for being environment-sensitive, i.e. what machine/memory it is being
run on.  Although I haven't tried it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it
didn't work on a Mac+.  An interesting experiment would be to try it with a 512K
partition in Switcher...

-Chris
--
Chris Borton, UC San Diego Undergraduate CS; Micro Consultant, UCSD
borton@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU || ...!{ucbvax,decvax,noscvax,ihnp4,bang}!sdcsvax!borton