[net.micro.mac] MacPut, MacGet

cohen@sunybcs.UUCP (Alexander Cohen) (04/23/86)

	Does anyone know of a MacPut, MacGet that operates over
remote logins (rlogin)?  Here at SUNY at Buffalo, we are unable
to use those applications unless we have a hardwired connection
to our Vaxen.  Currently we are using version 4.3 of the Berkely
Unix.  The manual entry states that it is a bug that causes this
problem.		Thanks,

Alex Cohen

...{bbncca,decvax,dual,rocksvax,watmath,sbcs}!sunybcs!cohen
CSNET:  cohen@Buffalo.CSNET
ARPANET:  cohen%Buffalo@csnet-relay.ARPA
BITNET:  cohen@sunybcs.BITNET

darin@ut-dillo (05/01/86)

In article <1116@pucc-j>, abe@pucc-j (Vic Abell) writes:
> In article <3092@sunybcs.UUCP> cohen@sunybcs.UUCP (Alexander Cohen) writes:
> >	Does anyone know of a MacPut, MacGet that operates over
> >remote logins (rlogin)?
>
> You might try using the "-8" argument to rlogin(1).  It works wonders
> with C-Kermit transactions across TCP/IP connections.

Old versions of macput/get did not work even with the -8 option to
rlogin(1).  If you need a new version, try writing to the author from the
man page.

Also, maybe these should be posted to mod.sources (wide enough
appeal to Unix folks?).
--
Darin Adler	{seismo,harvard,gatech,pyramid}!ut-sally!ut-ngp!ut-dillo!darin