[net.micro.mac] SCSI -> A/D

rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) (05/01/86)

In article <918@leadsv.UUCP> morse@leadsv.UUCP (Terry Morse) writes:
>The reasone I've often heard at Stanford for going IBM is that it's practically
>impossible to interface the Mac to lab equipment, whereas there are plenty
>of A/D, D/A, digital out and in boards that can be slipped nicely into empty
>slots on the IBM.
>
>With the advent of SCSI on the Mac, anybody have an idea how to link up
>instruments?  What about control software for the Mac?
>--

Well, for about $300 you can get a Little Board I or II, and interface
to an STD bus, from there, you can interface to just about anything.

In addition, by putting SCSI cards on your IBM equipment, the Mac
and the already installed base will be able to use the same
peripherals, especially removable media.

Putting SCSI on the Mac was the best thing Apple could have done.