[net.micro.mac] Sony diskette labels...

myers@uwmacc.UUCP (Jeff Myers) (05/08/86)

I love Sony diskettes with the exception of one annoying factor about the
(colorful) labels -- the short flap side NEVER sticks consistently to the
diskette.  Consequently, I'm always forced to re-attach them to the bottom
side of the diskette before insertion into a drive.

Anybody got a good fix for this problem?  I've tried scratching the surface
on that part of the diskette, which helped a little.  I'm also loath to put
scotch tape on them.

Thanks in advance!

--
Jeff Myers				The views above may or may not
University of Wisconsin-Madison		reflect the views of any other

dlnash@ut-ngp.UUCP (Donald L. Nash) (05/08/86)

In article <2195@uwmacc.UUCP>, myers@uwmacc.UUCP (Jeff Myers) writes:
> I love Sony diskettes with the exception of one annoying factor about the
> (colorful) labels -- the short flap side NEVER sticks consistently to the
> diskette.  Consequently, I'm always forced to re-attach them to the bottom
> side of the diskette before insertion into a drive.
>
> Anybody got a good fix for this problem?  I've tried scratching the surface
> on that part of the diskette, which helped a little.  I'm also loath to put
> scotch tape on them.

Looks like scratching the surface is more trouble than putting tape on the
label :-).  Anyway, I just rip the little suckers of if they won't stick,
or cut them off with a pair of scissors before I put them on the disk.  If
I see that I have a bad batch of labels, I'll usually do the latter.

					Don Nash

UUCP:    ...!{ihnp4,allegra,seismo!ut-sally}!ut-ngp!dlnash
APRA:    dlnash@ngp.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
BITNET:  cceu001@utadnx

        "If you can't say something nice, then don't" -- Thumper the rabbit

ir645@sdcc6.UUCP (Laurence Weiss) (05/10/86)

In article <2195@uwmacc.UUCP> myers@uwmacc.UUCP (Jeff Myers) writes:
>I love Sony diskettes with the exception of one annoying factor about the
>(colorful) labels -- the short flap side NEVER sticks consistently to the
>diskette.  Consequently, I'm always forced to re-attach them to the bottom
>side of the diskette before insertion into a drive.

I too have had problems with Sony labels.  Once, the large flap wasnt on
tight when I inserted it in the drive.  It curled back and stuck to the top
inside of the drive.  The efforts of the Apple to service guy (or maybe me
and my paperclip) bent the drive.  It had to be disassembled to remove the
disk.  The drive had to be replaced.

So watch out for loose labels

Dan Graifer