[net.micro.mac] MacWait and bombs

quah@h-sc1.UUCP (danny quah) (05/10/86)

[blank line about here]

   Is everyone talking about the same MacWait here?  There is one posted by
J. Haines in Australia (I think) which I have used regularly for the last
month or so without problem.  This comes as a double-clickable application
(with a large watch icon); it lives on my floppies and does nothing until
double clicked.  Then it blanks the screen (ie shows an empty desktop),
with MacWait where the app/doc name appears running under an application, before
returning to the finder (say).  From then until the next (re)boot, the hands
go round madly whenever the watch comes up.  The point is however, that
nothing needs to be removed from the system file: MacWait does not run unless
it is first double-clicked.
   I usually have a "Set Startup" on MacWait, so it does come up automatically,
and have removed the Set Startup with the expected effects: no MacWait.  Is
this the same appl that everyone (including Chuq) has been having problems
with?

--

--Danny
{decvax,ihnp4}!seismo!harvard!{h-sc1,h-sc4}!quah

zabetia@princeton.UUCP (Mahboud Zabetia) (05/12/86)

In article <1096@h-sc1.UUCP> quah@h-sc1.UUCP (danny quah) writes:

>[blank line about here]
>
>   Is everyone talking about the same MacWait here?  There is one posted by
>J. Haines in Australia (I think) which I have used regularly for the last

I have been using MacWait for two months now and have not had the slightest
problem.  I have a 128mac(stop laughing!) and that could have something to do
with it.

---Mahboud Zabetian
{allegra,psuvax1,ihnp4}!princeton!zabetia