[net.micro.mac] Apple, please interchange ZOOM-Box and CLOSE-Box

werner@ut-ngp.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (05/23/86)

now that we have a ZOOM-Box (thanks, I needed that) I'd like to have it
put where it should have been in the first place:  where the CLOSE-Box
is now.  think about it for a second, lots gained, nothing lost.

Better even, I'd like to have boxes in all corners doing the same thing:
CLOSE when clicked on normally,
ZOOM when using OPTION-click (or something similar),
GROW incrementally when using CMD-click-drag.

If you have to ask why ...:

First, I want the ZOOM-box on the top left, so that I can ZOOM and SHRINK a
window without having to move the mouse to where the top right corner is
after zooming.

Second, I'd like all corners to perform the same functions for the case where
the top left one is 'off-screen' (BTW, I'd like to be able to push a window
off-the-top also).

Third, I'd like to be able to change the window-size incrementally in other
ways than dragging the box in the bottom-right corner.

	"can't get enough of that ol' friendliness"	---Werner

roman@sigma.UUCP (05/25/86)

In article <3438@ut-ngp.UUCP> werner@ut-ngp.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) writes:

>Second, I'd like all corners to perform the same functions for the case where
>the top left one is 'off-screen' (BTW, I'd like to be able to push a window
>off-the-top also).

Microsoft Windows(tm) will let you push a window off the top... but
there's no way to get it back or even close it then....

--
Bill Roman	{ihnp4,decvax,allegra,...}!uw-beaver!tikal!sigma!roman
Summation, Inc. (206) 486-0991