[net.micro.mac] MacWrite question

david1@mhuxl.UUCP (Rick Nelson) (05/16/86)

I somehow got a metric ruler on my MacWrite, version 4.5.  Does anyone know
how I did this?  More important, does anyone know how to undo this?

baron@runx.OZ (Jason Haines) (05/23/86)

It's easy to fix your ruler so that it is either metric or imperial. Just go
into REdit (not ResEdit) and edit the INTL resource in your MacWrite system.
Also, MacWrite puts a copy of the INTL resources (IDs 0 & 1) into your MacWrite
document, so I would check all your recent documents for metric settings.

/* Jason Haines            STD:  (02) 73-4444
 * ElecEng Undergraduate   ISD: +61 2 73-4444
 * 73 Davidson Avenue      ACSnet: baron@runx
 * Concord NSW 2137        CSNET:  baron@runx.oz
 * AUSTRALIA               ARPA:   baron%runx.oz@seismo.css.gov
 *
 * UUCP:
 *   {enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,seismo,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!runx.oz!baron
 */

borton@sdcc3.UUCP (05/25/86)

In article <757@mhuxl.UUCP> david1@mhuxl.UUCP (Rick Nelson) writes:
>I somehow got a metric ruler on my MacWrite, version 4.5.  Does anyone know
>how I did this?  More important, does anyone know how to undo this?

This is a function of the INTL (international) resource.  You can edit this
most easily with REdit (ResEdit works, but good luck deciphering THAT
template).  MacWrite can have its own INTL, so it will be metric while the
rest of your System won't.

--Chris
--
Chris Borton, UC San Diego Undergraduate CS; Micro Consultant, UCSD
borton@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU || ...!{ucbvax,decvax,noscvax,ihnp4,bang}!sdcsvax!borton