[net.micro.mac] Uploading PostScript from a Mac

kvc@scgvaxd.UUCP (05/13/86)

If I have a Mac at home and a LaserWriter at work, is it possible to
get stuff from MacWrite and MacPaint uploaded to my VAX somehow to print
on the LaserWriter?  I have MacTerminal and related things on the VAX
for file transfer, it's getting the PostScript out of the Mac that I'm
wondering about...

Thanks for any help.

	/Kevin Carosso            scgvaxd!engvax!kvc
	 Hughes Aircraft Co.

ps.  Please just mail me your reply, I cannot keep up with the volume
     in net.micro.mac and I'm sure everyone else knows the answer to
     this already!

dennisg@sdcrdcf.UUCP (05/14/86)

In article <584@scgvaxd.UUCP> kvc@scgvaxd.UUCP (Kevin Carosso) writes:
>If I have a Mac at home and a LaserWriter at work, is it possible to
>get stuff from MacWrite and MacPaint uploaded to my VAX somehow to print
>on the LaserWriter?  I have MacTerminal and related things on the VAX
>for file transfer, it's getting the PostScript out of the Mac that I'm
>wondering about...

By now, Kevin is probably up to his ears in replies that tell him to hit
"cloverleaf F" and Mac will save the output as "postscript".  (Of course
you gotta have the right drivers and install a non-existing laserwriter
as your printer.)

My problem is that the application that I want to use images several pages,
one at a time.  Since the same name is used each time it saves a PS file, you
only end up with one piece of the picture.

****** Is there a patch that allows you to specify the name of the postscript
file?  How about one that creates "postscript0" through "postscript9", like
the screen-shot control keys do?

hurf@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Hurf Sheldon) (05/30/86)

How can you dump a postscript formatted file to disc or the
modem port instead of the appletalk port? I really need to
know
thanks
hurf sheldon (607 255 7267)
hurf@ionvax.tn.cornell.edu