[net.micro.mac] MazeWars

roy@nlm-vax.ARPA (Roy Standing) (05/22/85)

Back on April 21st, Neil Groundwater posted a message about a multiuser
game called MazeWars.  He stated that it would run under AppleTalk.
Since I am about to setup an AppleTalk network this sounded like a
reasonable, and possibly fun, way to check it out and get used to it.

A friend downloaded the program and MacPaint files from CompuServe.  My
question has to do with instructions.  Are there any?  If so, where can
I obtain them or how do I obtain them?  Without AppleTalk, running the
software shows a maze in which one can wander.  There are some 'transport'
portals but thats about it.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I will be glad to summarize any responses I receive.

                             Roy A. Standing
                             National Library of Medicine
                               Lister Hill Center

                             (roy@nlm-vax)

phcalamai@water.UUCP (Paul H. Calamai) (09/10/85)

Could someone please post a system file that has been
properly configured for use with MazeWars (ie. with DRVR
resources ".mpp" and ".atp" along with INIT resource ID=#6
installed)? I have been unable to obtain the necessary
drivers.

If you don't think this warrants a posting how about mailing
to me at:

ARPA address: calamai@anl-mcs.ARPA
or
CSNET address: phcalamai%water%waterloo.csnet

stew@harvard.ARPA (Stew Rubenstein) (09/19/85)

In article <807@water.UUCP> phcalamai@water.UUCP (Paul H. Calamai) writes:

>Could someone please post a system file that has been
>properly configured for use with MazeWars (ie. with DRVR
>resources ".mpp" and ".atp" along with INIT resource ID=#6
>installed)? I have been unable to obtain the necessary
>drivers.

This is, unfortunately, illegal.  Software distributors have to pay extra
if they want to distribute the .mpp and .atp drivers.

Stew

roy@nlm-vax.ARPA (Roy Standing) (09/21/85)

> Could someone please post a system file that has been
> properly configured for use with MazeWars (ie. with DRVR
> resources ".mpp" and ".atp" along with INIT resource ID=#6
> installed)? I have been unable to obtain the necessary
> drivers.

A system setup to use the LaserWriter has everything you need,
or at least the one I checked had everything.  You should be
able to go to any store selling Macs and LaserWriters and ask
to copy their system disk.

6090617@pucc.BITNET (Robert Wald) (06/01/86)

  Is there a version of Mazewars that runs on a Mac+? We have a Mac+
only Appletalk network and the machines don't seem to communicate. Also
the display on a Mac512 (not networked) looks different (The plus display
only shows the map traversed, the 512 the entire map)

-Rob Wald
(PUCC User Services)
BITNET: 6090617@PUCC
UUCP: ...ALLEGRA!PSUVAX1!PUCC.BITNET!6090617

    "Behold, I teach you the Superman!
     He is this Lightning.
     He is this madness."