[net.micro.mac] Pinout problems on Mac+

brent@poseidon.UUCP (Brent P. Callaghan) (06/12/86)

I had my 128K Mac upgraded to a Mac+ yesterday.
I noticed that the DB9 connector I was using
for the modem had been changed to an 8 pin
circular thing.

Included with the upgrade package was a 6" long adaptor
cable with a female DB9 at one end and a funny circular
connector at the other.

Great! I thought. I proceeded to connect up my old modem
cable with the DB9 to the adaptor cable.

Arrrgghh! I get no DTR light on my modem.  If anyone else has
had this experience I'd be grateful to share in the solution.

I used the following pinouts in making my modem cable:

DB9 Pin    DB25 Pin
  1          1
  3          7
  5          2
  6         20
  7          8
  9          3
			    Thanks
--

Made in New Zealand -->		Brent Callaghan
				AT&T Information Systems, Lincroft, NJ

csanders@dopey..UUCP (Craig S. Anderson) (06/13/86)

In article <1462@poseidon.UUCP> brent@poseidon.UUCP (Brent P. Callaghan) writes:
>I had my 128K Mac upgraded to a Mac+ yesterday.
>cable with the DB9 to the adaptor cable.
>
>Arrrgghh! I get no DTR light on my modem.  If anyone else has
>had this experience I'd be grateful to share in the solution.
>
>Made in New Zealand -->		Brent Callaghan

I had the same problem when I went from a 128k to a Plus.  On some modems,
there is a group of DIP switches in the back that control various
parameters.  One of those switches controls whether the modem or the
computer will send a DTR.  I flipped the switch so that the modem
sends the DTR signal, and all has been fine since.  Hope this helps.

Craig Anderson