[net.micro.mac] Frogger on the MacPlus

llad@ur-tut.UUCP (06/25/86)

A few days ago someone posted a set of patches that could be applied to
Megaroids and Space War to get them running on the MacPlus.  These patches
work (at least on Megaroids, I don't have SpaceWar) and much gratitude is
given to the poster of the patches.  Just for the fun of it I tried the
patches on Frogger, and guess what,  Frogger now runs on the MacPlus as well.

The point to this article:  the patches posted for Megaroids will also work for
Frogger.  In fact, only the sound buffer and main screen buffer need to be
patched.

I'll summarize the patches again (I wonder what other programs can be fixed
with these):

Megaroids & Frogger:

	Change all  0007 fd00  to  000f fd00	(sound buffer)
	Change all  0007 a700  to  000f a700	(main screen buffer)

Megaroids:

	Change all  0007 2700  to  000f 2700	(alternate screen buffer)
	Change all  0007 7c80  to  000f 7c80	(disk I/O buffer)

Again, thanks to the original poster of these patches.
Enjoy!

/Dennis

llad@ur-tut.UUCP (06/25/86)

I just posted an article in which I noted the patches posted for Megaroids
also worked for Frogger for getting it running on the MacPlus.  The thought
just struck me, was this proper?  I mean, Frogger is a commercial product.
Should I have notified everyone the patches work for Frogger?  The
manufacturer of Frogger has told a friend of mine that the programmer who
implemented Frogger left the company and that they had no way to fix the code
to get it running on the Plus.  This implies there would not be an update
available from the company, so is posting patches OK?  Any comments?

/Dennis

jmpiazza@sunybcs.UUCP (Joseph M. Piazza) (06/27/86)

In article <459@ur-tut.UUCP> llad@ur-tut.UUCP (Dennis Venable) writes:
>I just posted an article in which I noted the patches posted for Megaroids
>also worked for Frogger for getting it running on the MacPlus.  The thought
>just struck me, was this proper?  ...

	Sure, I think so.  The only "problem" there may be is tangling with
those "cannot modify" clauses in licensing agreements.  But then, I never
agree with them.  :-)

Flip side,

	joe piazza

--- Cogito cogito ergo equus sum.

CS Dept. SUNY at Buffalo 14260
(716) 636-3191, 3180

UU: ...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!jmpiazza
CS: jmpiazza@buffalo-cs
BI: jmpiazza@sunybcs