[net.micro.mac] Mac+ and Watch cursor....

phil@sivax.UUCP (07/01/86)

Has any one else noticed that on the MAC+, sometimes a watch cursor stays
on the screen AFTER the mouse is moved????

It is totally non-destructive and goes away in time (screen refresh etc).

I was just wondering what causes it....

Phil Hunt
ucbvax!calma!sivax!phil

oster@ucblapis.berkeley.edu (David Phillip Oster) (07/04/86)

In article <279@sivax.UUCP> phil@sivax.UUCP writes:
>Has any one else noticed that on the MAC+, sometimes a watch cursor stays
>on the screen AFTER the mouse is moved????

This is caused by a bug in the INIT resource that makes the watch cursor
hands spin.  I use stock system software at home, and never see this
happen.  At work, with the spinning hands, it happens all the time.
--- David Phillip Oster		-- "We live in a Global Village."
Arpa: oster@lapis.berkeley.edu  --
Uucp: ucbvax!ucblapis!oster     -- "You are Number Six."

baron@runx.OZ (Jason Haines) (07/08/86)

>    Has any one else noticed that on the MAC+, sometimes a watch cursor stays
>    on the screen AFTER the mouse is moved????
>
>    It is totally non-destructive and goes away in time (screen refresh etc).
>
>    I was just wondering what causes it....
>
>    Phil Hunt
>    ucbvax!calma!sivax!phil

	Is it possible you are using that WatchInstall program that installs a
	VBL-task that produces an animated watch cursor?
	I have noticed that the cursor would be left behind on the screen by
	this cute but buggy program.

	Jason Haines
	baron@runx.oz