[net.micro.mac] mapscan.hqx

frankk@mcvax.UUCP (Frank Kuiper) (07/09/86)

In article <5299@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> shulman@topaz.UUCP writes:

   >[ Uploaded from Delphi by Jeff Shulman ]
   >
   >Name: MAP SCAN
   >Date: 7-JUL-1986 19:56 by JIMH (James Hopper)
   >
   >This small application will read the volume name, size, number of
   >files, total amount of free space, and the size of the largest
   >contiguous block of that free space, and print it in a dialog box.

This seems a nice application, only it doesn't work ...

(I'm running 5.2/3.1.1 on a Mac+, with a HD20)

The display box comes up alright, and then ... nothing.
There is no volume name specified.
At the comment line it says it's 'Working ...'
There is no reaction what so ever concerning mouse clicks and key's.
Using the debugger, showed that it looped, while shuffling some registers.
Inserting a diskette in a drive had no effect.

Pitty ...
--

               Frank
                                                                      ___

ron@aicchi.UUCP (07/11/86)

In article <1077@mcvax.UUCP> frankk@mcvax.UUCP (Frank Kuiper) writes:

>This seems a nice application, only it doesn't work ...
>
>(I'm running 5.2/3.1.1 on a Mac+, with a HD20)

It works for me with a Mac+ running 5.3/3.2 and no HD.
--
				Ron Spizzirri
				Analysts International Corporation (Chicago)

				usenet:		...ihnp4!aicchi!ron
				GEnie:		RLSPIZZIRRI

ephraim@wang.UUCP (pri=8 Ephraim Vishniac x76659 ms1459) (07/14/86)

> In article <1077@mcvax.UUCP> frankk@mcvax.UUCP (Frank Kuiper) writes:
> >
> >This seems a nice application, only it doesn't work ...
> >
> >(I'm running 5.2/3.1.1 on a Mac+, with a HD20)
>
> It works for me with a Mac+ running 5.3/3.2 and no HD.
> --
> 				Ron Spizzirri

It works for me on an XL running MacWorks 3.0, old system and finder.
It hangs on my Mac+, running 3.2, 5.3, MacServe, and my own 20Meg internal.
The hang is complete - the interrupt switch does nothing - so it's probably
wiping low memory.