[net.micro.mac] IM Conjecture

dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois) (07/15/86)

Inside Mac says that DragGrayRgn returns $8000 on a bad drag (mouse
button released outside of the slopRect).  I believe this to be
incorrect:  it returns $80008000.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Am I
wrong?  This information is on page 34 of the Window Manager manual,
phonebook edition.  Is it different in the Addison-Wesley edition?

--
Paul DuBois     UUCP: {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois    |
                ARPA: dubois@easter                               --+--

"Well, we can't give an award to a _dead_ pig," said                |
the loud speaker.  "It's never been done."

tim@ism780c.UUCP (07/18/86)

The AW edition of IM says 0x80008000.
--
Tim Smith                       USENET: sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim
"hey, bay-BEE'...hey, bay-BEE'" Compuserve: 72257,3706

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (07/19/86)

In article <66@uwmacc.UUCP> dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois) writes:

>Inside Mac says that DragGrayRgn returns $8000 on a bad drag (mouse
>button released outside of the slopRect).  I believe this to be
>incorrect:  it returns $80008000.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Am I
>wrong?  This information is on page 34 of the Window Manager manual,
>phonebook edition.  Is it different in the Addison-Wesley edition?

The Addison-Wesley version says the value returned contains the delta
of the verticle coords in the high order word and the delta of the
horizontal coords in the low order word. BOTH contain $8000 if the
mouse button is released outside slopRect.

So I would say the Addison-Wesley IM agrees with your observation.

--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Once and for all: I like my Macintosh

baron@runx.UUCP (07/20/86)

The Addison-Wesley edition says this about what DragGrayRgn returns on a bad
drag:

	"If the mouse button is released outside slopRect, both words contain
	 -32768 ($8000) "

/* Jason Haines            ACSnet: baron@runx
 * ElecEng Undergraduate   CSNET:  baron@runx.oz
 * Australia               ARPA:   baron%runx.oz@seismo.css.gov
 *
 * UUCP:
 *   {enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,seismo,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!runx.oz!baron
 */