[net.micro.mac] July 14 InfoWorld

dtt@unirot.UUCP (David Temkin) (07/17/86)

On page 31 of this issue is a full-page "farewell ad" for someone
named Alain Rossmann.  Who is he and what did he have to do with
Macintosh sofware development?

spector@acf4.UUCP (07/18/86)

Alian is (was) the manager for software evangelism at Apple.  He's almost
singularly responsible for all of the marketing of products for the Macintosh.
In essence they "evangelize" software for all of us starving developers, and
act as the developer's interface to publishers and dealers.

I was fortunate enough to have had dinner with Alain (along with a few other
New York Mac developers) several times when he was visiting NYC, he's a really
nice guy.  I'm suprised that there was only one page. :-)

David Spector
NYU/acf Systems Group

joel@gould9.UUCP (Joel West) (07/21/86)

In article <872@unirot.UUCP>, dtt@unirot.UUCP (David Temkin) writes:
> On page 31 of this issue is a full-page "farewell ad" for someone
> named Alain Rossmann.  Who is he and what did he have to do with
> Macintosh sofware development?

When I was last at apple (6/27) Alain was still head of evangelism.
This is primarily third-party developer relations -- books, software,
hardware, etc.   He had about 6 people working for him but apparently
he was really good.

The fact that it mentions Guy Kawasaki seems no coincidence, since
I believe Guy had that job 1.5 years ago and was promoted to the
next highest job.  I understand Guy called up the sponsors
and asked if they would be interested in sharing the cost of the ad.

Rossmann was first rate (I met him at the MWE 2/85) but the impact
of his departure just depends on how that department functions
with him gone.

--
	Joel West	 	(619) 457-9681
	CACI, Inc. Federal, 3344 N. Torrey Pines Ct., La Jolla, CA  92037