[net.micro.mac] LaserPrep -- Help PLEASE!! :

naftoli@aecom.UUCP (07/18/86)

I am still plagued with LaserPrep problems and am desperate.  The following
is the scenario:

I'm trying to print mac generated postscript via VAX UNIX & Transcript.
I did the COMMAND-K bit, uploaded it, and when I send it to the laser,
it only prints Courier, and the log file comes back with an error message

|______Times-Roman not found, using Courier.

What am I missing???

It is extremely important that I get this working.  Would anyone and
everyone please send me a working copy of their ASCII LaserPrep that they
use.

Thanks in advance.
--
Robert Berlinger
Systems Analyst

UUCP:       ...{philabs,cucard,pegasus,ihnp4,rocky2}!aecom!naftoli
Compuserve: 73047,741

remym@tekig5.UUCP (Remy Malan) (07/22/86)

Robert Berlinger writes:

>I'm trying to print mac generated postscript via VAX UNIX & Transcript.
>I did the COMMAND-K bit, uploaded it, and when I send it to the laser,
>it only prints Courier, and the log file comes back with an error message
>
>|______Times-Roman not found, using Courier.
>
>What am I missing???

Yes, I can help with this problem since I recently went through it myself.
I had to get Mac PostScript printing on a LaserWriter hanging off a VAX
running UNIX.

If anyone would like some help please send me mail and I'll send you
details.

A. Remy Malan