[net.micro.mac] Idle DA Bombs & QUED

dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (Paul DuBois) (07/25/86)

After writing my recent note on ZoomIdle, a reminiscence of a
previous article a-jangled in my brain.  I went and looked it
up (from a Delphi Digest):

> DUNHAM (10052)
> Subject: QUED bugs & features
> Date: 10-JUL 00:30 Bugs & Features

> Have I ever mentioned that QUED is very sensitive to Idle DAs?  I
> think it's bombed on all 3 (often in a menu routine).  Also, I
> normally test my DAs under QUED.  Unfortunately, when I turn on TMON's
> scrambling, QUED usually dies before my DA.

> Hope you can pass this on to the appropriate parties.

Well now, that's interesting!

I don't have QUED, so I have to ask (somebody please send mail)
does it make menus go away when it deactivates windows, e.g., when
a DA window comes up?  If so, I'll bet this is the same problem
I described with ZoomIdle.  By the way, *which* three idle DA's
are you referring to?  Idle, ZoomIdle, Sleep, Fade to Black, Star
are ones I know about.
--
Paul DuBois     UUCP: {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois    |
                ARPA: dubois@easter                               --+--

Begin at my sanctuary...                                            |
                          Ezekiel 9:6