[net.micro.mac] Software Supplement Additions?

ephraim@wang.UUCP (pri=8 Ephraim Vishniac x76659 ms1459) (07/24/86)

About two weeks ago, the Software Supplement Additions, volume 1, number
3, appeared on CompuServe (or so I'm told).  Has anyone who ordered this
package (originally called the March '86 Software Supplement Additions)
actually received a copy?

ephraim@wang.UUCP (pri=8 Ephraim Vishniac x76659 ms1459) (07/25/86)

Yesterday, I wrote:
> About two weeks ago, the Software Supplement Additions, volume 1, number
> 3, appeared on CompuServe (or so I'm told).  Has anyone who ordered this
> package (originally called the March '86 Software Supplement Additions)
> actually received a copy?

Today, I spoke to the folks at Apple's mailing facility.  They told me that
the Software Supplement Additions were shipped on July 17th and that I could
reasonably expect to receive them Real Soon Now.  From all indications, this
software supplement contains plenty of good stuff: A new version of Macsbug,
with new documentation; a comprehensive Inside Switcher; some more chapters
(all?) of IM volume 4; a sample SCSI driver that actually works (recipients
of previous versions will know what I mean here :-); and other goodies.

dlc@lanl.ARPA (Dale Carstensen) (07/27/86)

I received my Supplement early last week.  Within 3 working days of July 17,
amazingly enough, but it came UPS.  It includes two interesting new
applications:
  Jumpstart -- massages an application to force frequently used resources
               to be loaded quickly at the beginning of execution, with
               warnings about what a disaster can happen with applications
               that MODIFY their own resources.
  TrapTimer -- A desk accessory that can find where redundant or time-
               consuming traps are being called.
Inside Macintosh, volume IV includes 32 chapters, many of them updates to
the Addison Wesley chapters.
IM volume IV contents:
  1. The Macintosh User Interface Guidelines  17. The Segment Loader
  2. Using Assembly Language                  18. The O S Event Manager
  3. The Resource Manager                     19. The File Manager
  4. QuickDraw                                20. The Device Manager
  5. The Font Manager                         21. The Disk Driver
  6. The Window Manager                       22. The Serial Driver
  7. The Control Manager                      23. The AppleTalk Manager
  8. The Menu Manager                         24. The System Error Handler
  9. TextEdit                                 25. The O S Utilities
 10. The Dialog Manager                       26. The Disk Init'z'n Package
 11. The Scrap Manager                        27. The Finder Interface
 12. Toolbox Utilities                        28. The Macintosh+ Hardware
 13. The Package Manager                      29. The System Resource File
 14. The Binary-Decimal Conversion Package    30. The List Manager Package
 15. The Standard File Package                31. The SCSI Manager
 16. The Memory Manager                       32. The Time Manager

 Appendix A: Result Codes
 Appendix B: Routines That May Move or Purge Memory
 Appendix C: System Traps
 Appendix D: Global Variables
 Glossary