[net.micro.mac] Modems for the Mac/Mac+

leeke@cascade.STANFORD.EDU (Steven D. Leeke) (08/04/86)

A friend of mine is looking for a modem for his Mac and Mac+.  He would
like to get a 1200/2400bps modem w/ Hayes compatibility for a good price.
Currently there is a CTS 2400 baud group purchase going for ~240 he is
looking at.

All suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Leeke
leeke@stanford.amadeus.edu

gib@unirot.UUCP (gib wallis) (08/05/86)

In article <182@cascade.STANFORD.EDU> leeke@cascade.UUCP (Steven D. Leeke) writes:
>A friend of mine is looking for a modem for his Mac and Mac+.  He would
>like to get a 1200/2400bps modem w/ Hayes compatibility for a good price.
>Currently there is a CTS 2400 baud group purchase going for ~240 he is
>looking at.

One thing your friend may want to look into is the USR [US Robotoics]
2400 Courier. It's been out for a while, and I've had mine for over
a year. There have been no problems running any terminal programs
that use the standard commands, and there is even compatability in
the much touted 'S' registers. A friend of mine recently bought
a 2400 HAYES for about $300 [a steal] and it turns out almost
all the commands that have been added were on my USR >first<.
ie: call progress detection is supposedly the same even though
the courier had it first.

..!caip!unirot!gib
OR gib@unirot.UUCP