[net.micro.mac] SetFile 3.3 Desk Accessory

herbw@midas.UUCP (Herb Weiner) (08/11/86)

--------
I am glad to see that a new SetFile DA finally arrived.  Unfortunately, I can't
seem to get it to work properly.  Any changes I make do not seem to take effect
until I drag the disk to the trash and reinsert it.  Naturally, since I can not
do this with my RamDisk, I can not make SetFile 3.3 work at all on a RamDisk.

Is something wrong with SetFile (like perhaps a missing FlushVol)?  Am I using
it incorrectly?  Or, did it break somewhere along its travels through the net?
(Incidentally, I have the cache turned OFF, and am using it on a Mac Plus.)

If you have a copy that works, and would be willing to mail it to me, let me
know, and I will get back to the closest volunteer.  Thanks.

                                       -- Herb Weiner

horst@rochester.ARPA (Horst Greilich) (08/12/86)

In article <574@midas.UUCP> herbw@midas.UUCP (Herb Weiner) writes:

>I am glad to see that a new SetFile DA finally arrived. Unfortunately, I can't
>seem to get it to work properly. Any changes I make do not seem to take effect
>until I drag the disk to the trash and reinsert it...

I tried it, and it seemed to work even on a 128K Mac. However, I had to use
one little trick: when selecting a file, I had to click onto the file name
twice, if not done so, the file was not properly selected.

-----
Horst Greilich   Comp.Sci.Dept.,Univ.of Rochester,Hylan 509,Rochester,NY14627
716-275-3772;horst@ROCHESTER.ARPA;...!{allegra,decvax,seismo}!rochester!horst