[net.micro.mac] wanted: church financial accounting system

terry@moogvax.UUCP (Terry Westley) (07/18/86)

I am looking for computer software (preferably based on PC or MAC) which
performs *fund accounting* for a church.  Note that fund accounting is
not the same as a financial accounting system for a profit-oriented business.
Therefore, packages such as Back to Basics or Dac Easy Accounting will not
do the job.

Ideally, this system would be
   1) easy to use - users will be computer novices,
   2) based on a commercially available, popular database of the
      {Dbase III Plus, Omnis 3} variety so that I can generate extra
      reports and program additional applications,
   3) provide good audit trails,
   4) and, be capable later (2-3 years) to provide multi-user access.

Thanks for your help.
--
Terry Westley
{decvax,rocksanne,rocksvax}!sunybcs!moogvax!terry

dshafer@well.UUCP (08/12/86)

I have such a program as you are seeking for the Mac.  Uses Omnis3+.  Please
mail me -- well!dshafer -- and I'll send details.

chapman@calder.Berkeley.EDU (Brent Chapman) (08/13/86)

In article <1614@well.UUCP> dshafer@well.UUCP (Daniel G. Shafer) writes:

>I have such a program as you are seeking for the Mac.  Uses Omnis3+.  Please
>mail me -- well!dshafer -- and I'll send details.

I believe such a program (or set of programs) is also available in the
PC-BLUE library on simtel20.arpa.

--

Brent Chapman

chapman@calder.berkeley.edu	or	ucbvax!calder!chapman

(I'm usually chapman@pavepaws.berkeley.edu or ucbvax!pavepaws!chapman,
but pavepaws will be down with hardware problems for a while, so I'll
use calder in the meantime.)