[net.micro.mac] MacWrite to troff program

cosmos@druhi.UUCP (GuestRA) (08/16/86)

Quite awhile ago, a program was posted that purported to convert a MacWrite
document into UNIX troff commands.  This program does not work, at least not
with the current MacWrite file format.  Does anyone have a working version
of this program?  If not, is there another way to turn a MacWrite document
into something that can be printed using the UNIX tools?  Either troff,
nroff, or possibly the DMD tools?

Ron Guest
ihnp4!druhi!cosmos

frankk@mcvax.UUCP (Frank Kuiper) (08/21/86)

In article <873@druhi.UUCP> cosmos@druhi.UUCP (GuestRA) writes:
   >Quite awhile ago, a program was posted that purported to convert a MacWrite
   >document into UNIX troff commands.  This program does not work, at least not
   >with the current MacWrite file format.  Does anyone have a working version
   >of this program?  If not, is there another way to turn a MacWrite document
   >into something that can be printed using the UNIX tools?  Either troff,
   >nroff, or possibly the DMD tools?
   >
   >Ron Guest
   >ihnp4!druhi!cosmos

One of us at CWI has been working on the (last year) posted w2t program,
to make it compatible with MacWrite 4.5, and also to make the conversion
program do a better job.
The version that we now have does a very nice job (on our 4.3BSD machine).
What has to be done yet, is to make some font tables. Due to the summer
hollidays and other pressing busines, things have slowed down a bit.

As soon as we think our w2t is working ok, I'll post it (or send it to
the mod.mac.sources moderator).
--

                                                                      ___
Frank Kuiper, CWI, Amsterdam.                                    _][__| |