[net.micro.mac] Word Tools

dlt@csun.UUCP (Dave Thompson) (05/16/86)

In the June 86 edition of Mac User on pg. 103, there is an ad for a product
called Word Tools that will purportedly help keep or make us appear literate.
(Some days it's not easy.)  The ad either stated or inferred that by the time
we read their ad Word Tools would be available.  After excitedly calling
Aegis, it appears that it is another case of vapour ware.  There is no
shipping date as yet.  But they were kind enough to take my name for their
mailing list--at least they didn't want to take my money for a promise to
deliver some time in the future (I learned the hard way that you DON'T do
this ...).  It really sounds like a good product.  It would be nice if they
merged in a super-dooper word processor as well--but I guess they want to
catch all the MacWrite/Word users out there.  One can only wait. (* SIGH *)

--
--------------------
Dave Thompson		     uucp:   {ihnp4 | hplabs | psivax}!csun!dlt

dlt@csun.UUCP (Dave Thompson) (08/25/86)

A few months ago, MacUser had a rather campy ad written (supposely) by
Doug Clapp about a program called Word Tools. At the time, I called the
company who indicated that they had no release date.  I've since forgotten
which company I was dealing with (senility is setting in ... :-)) and was
curious if anyone out there has heard any more about it.

			 Dave

briand@tekig4.UUCP (Brian Diehm) (08/27/86)

>A few months ago, MacUser had a rather campy ad written (supposely) by
>Doug Clapp about a program called Word Tools. At the time, I called the
>company who indicated that they had no release date.  I've since forgotten
>which company I was dealing with (senility is setting in ... :-)) and was
>curious if anyone out there has heard any more about it.
>
>			 Dave

I ordered this item from Icon Review, and they have sent me nothing but
repeated "we don't have this one yet, do you want to cancel" notices.  I see
that the latest Icon Review catalog (which arrived yesterday) doesn't even
mention Doug Clapp's Word Tools, so maybe it is in permanent vaporware mode.

That's too bad, because I was VERY interested in this program. It represented
a whole new idea, and if it did half of what was claimed, it was nothing short
of amazing.  Maybe it was after all too good to be true. . .

-Brian Diehm
Tektronix, Inc. (SDA - Standard Disclaimers Apply)