[net.music] Roland JX3-P

bottom@katadn.DEC (11/28/84)

Does anybody out there have experience with the programmer's module for  the
Roland JX3-P? I'm considering buying the whole package and am curious if the
programming module really is worth it. Please reply by email.

					Dave Bottom
!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-katadn!bottom

bottom@katadn.DEC (12/03/84)

 Thanks to the gents who answered my call for info on the programmer module.
The consensus is that if you don't want to use the rack mount accessories
that Roland is making for thier synths then skip it. I agree I figured out
the edit function yesterday with little or no problem. The programming
module appears to be a way to get more money for something that is already
in the machine. It does make things easier for those people who can't read
the instructions.
 I would like to correspond with others who are into synths (I'm a guitarist)
about any helpful hints or tricks they developed over the years.
 I'm especially interested in the use of sync tracks for multi track recording,
as I just bought a Teac 234 syncassette as well.

					*db* just another maineiac

"Its not cold up here, the snow just makes you think so"

Ron Natalie <ron@BRL-TGR.ARPA> (12/07/84)

Perhaps (god save us) a synthesizer mailing list (newsgroup).

-Ron

RMS.G.HNIJ%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA (12/09/84)

i could not reach "bottom%katadn@dec-marlboro", so i hope he'll see it
on the list.

	@hniJ@
                ---------------

Date: Fri 7 Dec 84 00:12:57-EST
From: John S. Labovitz <RMS.G.HNIJ@MIT-OZ>
Subject: Re: Roland JX3-P
To: bottom%katadn.dec-marlboro.arpa@MIT-OZ

i also just bought a 234.  i like it a lot, altho i have not used it too much.
i also bought a fostex 350 mixer (8x4x2) (demo model, only $300!).  i'm
going to be setting up a small studio.

i've just been looking at ads for sync-controllers and other neat
things for multitracks.  only problem i can see right now is that the
234 is only 4 tracks, and a sync track leaves only 3.  and, if you
are going to be ping-ponging, tha's a lot of tape generatins.  i dunno.

		@hnij@	john labovitz	hnij%oz@mit-mc.arpa
-------
-------