[net.micro.mac] Fullpaint. Wonderful product, wonderful people.

chuq@sun.uucp (Chuq Von Rospach; Lord of the OtherRealms) (10/05/86)

I just wanted to point out a truly wonderful occurance.  A while back, I
bought Fullpaint because it does about twice as much as MacPaint for about
half the cost.  I've been REAL impressed with it.

I'm more impressed.  Yesterday, I got a package in the mail.  The people who
did Fullpaint got a lot of complaints about their Copy Protection.  Their
answer?  Nuke it.  Not only have they removed Copy Protection from
FullPaint, every registered owner got a free upgrade -- disk, documentation,
the whole works.  They didn't send out an upgrade notice, they sent the
upgrade, without being asked to.

THIS is how a vendor should take care of its customers.  THIS is how things
should be done.  Ann Arbor Softwares should be given Sainthood or something.

Everyone should go buy fullpaint, even if they don't need it. (It's worth
it).  Beyond that, every time a vendor sends you one of those "for only $25
dollars, you can  upgrade that $300 program to fix all those bugs we left in
last time" messages, tell them to call Ann Arbor and ask for a seminar on
supporting customers.  If they can do it on a $100 program, Microsoft and
the other "major" software vendors should ahve been doing it all along.

I hope they're properly chastised.  There is no excuses left, either for CP
or for slipshod support and gouging customers.

Oh, rumor has it that an HFS compatible Microsoft Fortran will be out Real
Soon Now.  HFS has only been out 10 months, Microsoft ought to get its act
together any time, now...

chuq (Way to go, Microsoft.  Nothing like a company that is responsive to
	its customers needs.  Three cheers for Ann Arbor Softworks!)

tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) (10/07/86)

(Chuq Von Rospach; Lord of the OtherRealms) writes:

>THIS is how a vendor should take care of its customers.  THIS is how things
>should be done.  Ann Arbor Softwares should be given Sainthood or something.

They do something stupid and obnoxious, and then change their mind and
be reasonable, and you want to give them Sainthood???  Shouldn't
Sainthood be reserved for companies who weren't stupid and obnoxious
in the first place?
--
member, all HASA divisions              POELOD  ECBOMB

Tim Smith       USENET: sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim   Compuserve: 72257,3706
		Delphi or GEnie: mnementh