[net.micro.mac] Imagewriter II Transparancies

harrow@exodus.dec.com (Jeff Harrow, NCSE LKG1-3/F16 DTN=226-7445) (10/01/86)

I've recently gotten my new Imagewriter II and found that using
CricketGraph and ColorMate, the colored printouts are striking.  I would
REALLY like to be able to print these colored images on transparancy
material to use on overhead projectors, but my attempts on 3 types of
plastic stock in-house failed.  The ink apparently didn't dry quickly
enough and so was smeared horizontally by the movement of the printhead.

The colors, however, ARE transparent, and if they dried quickly enough would
make beautiful overheads!

Does any know of an appropriate transparant stock which will take this ink
(Apple color ribbon) or possibly a special ribbon which has fast-drying ink?

Thanks,

Jeff

akk2@ur-tut.UUCP (A Kacker) (10/09/86)

Newsgroups: net.micro.mac
Subject: Re: Imagewriter II Transparancies

Newsgroups: net.micro.mac
In article <5681@decwrl.DEC.COM> harrow@exodus.dec.com (Jeff Harrow, NCSE LKG1-3/F16 DTN=226-7445) writes:
>I've recently gotten my new Imagewriter II and found that using
>CricketGraph and ColorMate, the colored printouts are striking.  I would
>REALLY like to be able to print these colored images on transparancy
>material to use on overhead projectors, but my attempts on 3 types of
>plastic stock in-house failed.  The ink apparently didn't dry quickly
>enough and so was smeared horizontally by the movement of the printhead.
>Does any know of an appropriate transparant stock which will take this ink
>(Apple color ribbon) or possibly a special ribbon which has fast-drying ink?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff

Hewlett Packard used to make Overhead Transparency film, that was pretty
good and fast drying for use on HP Plotters. Conceivably you could use the
same stuff on the ImageWriters. The part numbers are 9270-1126 and
9270-1131. It costs around $1 each sheet I think. They have a toll-free
telephone number you could call for more info - 800-538-8787.
Hope this helps.

Atul Kacker
UUCP    : {allegra|seismo|decvax}!rochester!ur-tut!akk2
BITNET  : AKK2@UORDBV