[net.micro.mac] Question on VersaTerm2.01

bill@hao.UUCP (Bill Roberts) (10/16/86)

I recently upgraded to a Mac+ and have VersaTerm2.01.  VersaTerm used to work
fine for doing file transfers but I can't seem to get it to work now.  I use
Mac Xmodem protocol and macput but I don't get the thermometer dialog or
anything.  The little send/receive light on my modem doesn't appear did be doing
much either.  All I get, after about 30 seconds or so, is an alert box saying
that the file transfer was unsuccessful.  The settings are:

	Xon/Xoff set
	No parity
	8 bit character size
	1.0 stop bits

Is there something special one has to do to use VersaTerm2.01 with the Mac+ in
order to tranfer files with macput?  This is very frustrating and any help would
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

								Bill Roberts
								NCAR/HAO
								Boulder, CO
								!hao!bill

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (10/17/86)

In article <259@hao.UUCP>, bill@hao.UUCP (Bill Roberts) writes:
> I recently upgraded to a Mac+ and have VersaTerm2.01.  VersaTerm used to work
> fine for doing file transfers but I can't seem to get it to work now.  I use

I use VersaTerm and while I can't comment on the exact problem here I HIGHLY
recommend updating to the recent version 2.30 ($10). I can't comment on exactly
what the differences are but the ones which come to mind are:
much improved throughput, more macros can be defined, option keys can be
tagged to macros, automatic macro definition including menu selection, time
remaining in download, and more. Lonnie just keeps improving the program and
the updates are extremely reasonable.
David Gelphman                  BITNET address: DAVEG@SLACVM
Bin #88 SLAC                    ARPANET address:  DAVEG@SLACVM.BITNET
Stanford, Calif. 94305          UUCP address: ...psuvax1!daveg%slacvm.bitnet
415-854-3300 x2538
usual disclaimer #432 applies: my employer apologies for the fact
that I have access to this net.