[net.micro.mac] Converting MacPaint pictures to the IBM PC

mentat@ut-ngp.UUCP (Robert Dorsett) (10/10/86)

Does anyone know of commercial or public domain software packages that
will permit the transfer of MacPaint documents to an IBM PC via (prefer-
ably) direct linkup or modem, and would afterwards convert them to a format
usable by an IBM?

--
Robert Dorsett   	           ARPA: mentat@ngp.cc.utexas.edu    -OR-
Dept. of Astronomy 		         mentat%walt@ngp.utexas.edu

john@uwmacc.UUCP (John Jacobsen) (10/10/86)

> Does anyone know of commercial or public domain software packages that
> will permit the transfer of MacPaint documents to an IBM PC via (prefer-
> ably) direct linkup or modem, and would afterwards convert them to a format
> usable by an IBM?
> --
> Robert Dorsett   	           ARPA: mentat@ngp.cc.utexas.edu    -OR-

I have a routine written in Turbo Pascal that I can make into a .COM file
that takes binary MacPaint data and makes a pretty nice image on an EGA or
CGA.  I forgot who wrote it, but I do have source.

John E. Jacobsen
University of Wisconsin -- Madison Academic Computing Center

randy@chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) (10/12/86)

In article <4107@ut-ngp.UUCP> mentat@ut-ngp.UUCP (Robert Dorsett) writes:
>Does anyone know of commercial or public domain software packages that
>will permit the transfer of MacPaint documents to an IBM PC via (prefer-
>ably) direct linkup or modem, and would afterwards convert them to a format
>usable by an IBM?

	There was a program posted in net.micro.mac a while ago called
"readmac" that would convert macpaint images downloaded to a pc
to display images that could then be captured by frieze from PCPAINTBRUSH.

It is not too big, and I could mail it to you.

--
.. that's the biz, sweetheart...
Randy Suess

DMB@PSUVMA.BITNET@ndmce.uucp (10/17/86)

   i recall an article in the not so distant past (maybe summer 86)
in Byte Magazine about transferring macpaint pics into ibm format.

                                                      dave brosius