[net.micro.mac] undigesting digests

werner@ut-ngp.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (10/21/86)

In article <1183@murdu.OZ>, stephenw@murdu.OZ (Stephen Withers) writes:
> In article <709@aaec.OZ> sba@aaec.OZ (Sal Barbagallo) writes:
> >PS: There are steps afoot to have net.micro.mac terminated and for

> Moderation doesn't bother me, but I dislike digests intensely!  Two reasons:
> they make it harder to reply or follow-up; you can't break part-way through a
> digest without having to plough through all the stuff you have already read
> when you return.  The latter is a big problem when you use the gaps between
> visitors and phone calls to read the news.

on this machine, we have software that undigests properly formatted digests
and allows you to read and reply to individual messages.  (at least, we used
to be able to do this.  Nowadays I download all digests and process them
locally - which is somewhat more of a pain to get replies and follow-ups out,
but less of a pain to "wade through" ...)