[net.micro.mac] Fidonet software for the Mac reported in process from net.mail

werner@ut-ngp.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (10/27/86)

From pozar@well.UUCP (Tim Pozar) Sun Oct 26 10:59:01 1986
Newsgroups: net.mail
Subject: Re: FidoNET Newsletter

In article <2330@yale-cheops.yale.UUCP> marr@yale.UUCP (Leon Marr) writes:
>In article <25@oresoft.UUCP> randy@oresoft.UUCP (Randy Bush) writes:
>>FidoNet is similar to Usenet, but runs on PClones.  The protocol is document
ed,
>>and non-PC clones are in the works.  An extended version of the protocol
>>supports file requests etc.  There are some 1,200 nodes around the old ball,

>>and many in private corporations (AT&T, GTE, Natl Parks, ...).

>Is anyone doing anything like this for Macs?  I don't remember seeing

    Yes!  The project name is "MacFido".  The contact for the project is Leo
Laporte.  He can be reached at 125/2 (415) 661-7374, or 125/21 (415) 753-3002.

         Tim Pozar
         pozar@well.uucp
         Sysop 125/406